twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Once again...

Hello everyone!
Adam and I found out that we are expecting our 2nd set of twins on November 26th, 2007. We were shocked, to say the least. In fact, for the following few weeks, I really think we walked around in a daze, and suffered through various emotions regarding this unexpected surprise (face it, 2 sets of twins in 3 years is a tough pill for anyone to swallow, especially since we will be raising our growing family on Adam's income). I think we were a bit nervous of complications as well, and losing the pregnancy after experiencing a loss over the summer. Once we had a few doctor's appointments under our belt, it really started sinking in that we were going to venture down this road again!
All is well. I am officially 12 weeks along now (as of January 9th) and am finally feeling like the demands of the first trimester are behind me. We will be seeing 2 doctors this time around (just like we did when we were pregnant with Hadley and Gretchen) and feel confident that my 'staff' of doctors will help us carry this pregnancy as far as the babies and God will allow.
I will be frequently updating this page with news about us and this pregnancy as an easy way to update family and friends on their own time (plus, it will help cut down on the amount of emails I need to send out).
So, a quick up to date on all of us. Adam is in his 3rd year of teaching and really excelling with it. He is in the process of completing his Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction and will hopefully be finishing up right when these babies arrive (oh, due date is July 23rd, but I doubt we will go to term). I am staying at home to raise our growing family and have really been busy recently with our twin 2 year olds and battling nausea and fatigue.
Hadley and Gretchen are absolutely amazing little girls. It is a bit scary how quickly babies grow into toddlers and then into little kids...we are just holding on to every amazing moment and enjoying the best years that life has offered us. They are very excited to meet the babies...Hadley walks around saying 'two babies' all of the time and Gretchen likes to talk to my belly and give it high fives.
We have two doctors appointments on Friday, January 25th, so we should know more at this point. If you could all keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a healthy pregnancy, we would appreciate it!
More later...
Heather

1 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

Hi. I saw you on Brittany's blog. ( I wondered what your screen name meant and came to see :o) )

Congratulations on you newest babies.

I don't have twins (I have boy-girl singletons),
I just enjoy reading blogs and looking at pics .

July 18, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home