twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Another day...

Just another day in this pregnancy...I called my perinatologist this morning to discuss with him what his collegue had discussed with me. Of course, I have not heard back from him or his office (I called almost 6 hours ago). This seems typical...when you really want to discuss medical options with someone, it takes them an eternity to call you back!
I also called my OB's office to talk with the doctor I saw on Friday and he isn't in today, but will be giving me a call back tomorrow. I just would like to figure out this whole cerclage business. I just can't think about the possibility of losing these babies because a doctor wants to take a gamble and see if I can carry them to term (or close to it) without the stitch. If this was my first pregnancy, I might feel like taking the gamble, but I really do believe that stitch helped me to avoid 24/7 bedrest and early early labor.
Oh well! Otherwise, I am feeling pregnant. I have a belly that can't be passed off on just eating too much, and I can really feel these babies moving around more every day. I still have limited patience even though it was my resolution for this year to be more patient, but I am still able to control it a bit more through breathing. Perhaps I need to take up meditation?!?!?!
The girls are getting really excited about being big sisters...I think we might take them to one of our next appointments so that they can see the babies. I think they would really enjoy that since they already like looking at the pictures we bring home when we disappear for an hour or more.
Adam is a lifesaver. Sometimes I don't know how he does it, but he is really concerned about me carrying these babies to term, too, so he has been a big help around the house. Logistically, I haven't been put on restrictions as of yet, but we aren't willing to take any chances. I have given up vacuuming duties to him but still feel that I can handle most of the day to day business. We are most concerned for when he starts his final class for his Masters degree...it will be similar to a thesis...which equates to a lot of work. I have faith that we will be able to work through this, that we will have help if we need it, and that my children won't end up feeling alienated from their mommy if she gets put on bedrest (one of my biggest fears at the present).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home