twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Good follow up yesterday!

WOW! We are 17 weeks, 1 day pregnant right now! This pregnancy really seems to be moving forward full throttle! Hold on tight!
I had my follow up yesterday regarding my cerclage. I was able to see Baby A moving around, kicking me, etc. Of course, the view was a side profile, so I didn't get a sneak peak...would have been nice! The cerclage did what it was supposed to do and all looks great! The best news...no bed rest or restrictions right now! I can only be so hopeful that it will continue that way, but I won't fool myself...if it happens, I will be prepared!
I also had my 2nd progesterone shot yesterday. Besides the fact that they have to inject it really slowly (about a minute), it gives me a headache for about 24-30 hours afterwards. I can only hope, as the nurse promised me today, that they headaches will disappear around the time of the 4th injection and headaches are a normal problem with hormones...which, for those of you that don't know, progesterone is a very normal hormone, especially during pregnancy! :) The best part about the shot is that I get to hear the babies heartbeats. That makes suffering through a needle once a week completely worthwhile. Gretchen was not a fan of my nurse yesterday...she held my hand the whole time I was getting the shot and was glaring at the nurse. But, she recovered quickly when we heard the heartbeats. Baby A's was 160 bpm and Baby B's was 150. Both sounded nice and strong. I asked the nurse about predicting gender based on heart rates and she said that while it is the most accurate (not 100%) of the wives tales, at this point, it is stil too early to determine boy versus girl...all babies heart rates are near the high end at this point. So, we will just have to wait until next Friday!
Back to working on Valentine's Day projects for Adam! Hope this finds all of you well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

Thank you so much for keeping all of us up to date. I love logging into your blog and seeing an update!

xoxo
R

February 14, 2008 at 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Our girls are 10 months old now, but I remember the waiting game to find out the sex.

Actually we didn't even find out we were having twins until we went to find out the sex of our "baby" at 20 weeks!

In a way that was a good thing, because there was less time for my wife and I to freak out about it :)

Our blog

February 16, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home