twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another week down...26 total!

Wow! 26 weeks. Depending on what book you read, 1-2 weeks until we enter the 3rd trimester! And the list keeps growing with things we have to do! :) Luckily, I am just crossing off and adding more (it seems that something always finds it way on the list that I didn't think about). We have located, through a great google search, a crib mobile for our nursery...an Eric Carle, Very Hungry Caterpillar crib mobile...it will be perfect! I am ecstatic! Thanks, Carrie! I do plan on working on the nursery this weekend, so if I get it moving in the correct direction, I promise to post pictures. Right now, it just looks like a ton of really organized (or not so organized) piles. It might be another week or two before it truly comes together...well, probably won't be until after our shower, then we can finish up purchasing what we need...
I am feeling great! I am tired now, but I really do believe that it is because I had very little sleep last night since both girls and Adam have come down with a pretty nasty virus. I think I have a touch of it, but my body treats me well when I am pregnant and boosts up my immune system (must be a trade-off for carrying twins).
Adam and I have a nightly event in our house...it is pretty funny. After a full day of eating, we step on the scale before climbing in to bed and check out the weights. We have decided that I have to weigh above him 3 consecutive nights for me to officially weigh more than him...man, he is really holding his own in this competition! I have to give him credit. Monday night, I was up 1/2 a pound, but last night, we were even...I have feeling by next Wednesday, I will be the winner of this competition...I guess I shouldn't be thrilled about it, but Adam is a smaller man, so it feels good to know that even though the top of my uterus is pressing on the bottom of my ribs, we still weigh the same! :) He says it has something to do with his 'guns' but I might have to disagree! :)
I received my 11th progesterone shot today, 11 out of 20! Wow! It is amazing...I hate needles, but pregnancy really prepares you for the epidural! :) It was so great to hear the babies...Delaney's heartbeat was right around 160 and Addison's was right around 140. I could definitely hear the difference today! I am pretty sure I am feeling 4 feet in my ribs, so it will be interesting to see if that is a correct assumption when I go in on Friday.
I am off to tend to my sick kids...they just finished their popsicle treat and we are going to curl up, breathe some fresh air and hopefully kick this virus to the curb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home