twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Thursday...

I received a phone call earlier today from my nurse with my insurance company. It is a great program that my insurance company offers...they have a nurse call you monthly to check in on you, see how you are feeling, see if you have any questions. It really does make them seem less 'Corporate America' and more human...that they are actually concerned about me and my pregnancy instead of just my money. Much better than my previous insurance that I had with the girls.
At first, I didn't have any questions for my nurse, but then they all started to flow. I asked her about my good ol cerv changing and if it would without contractions...and I got the answer that I wanted...it won't change if I don't have regular contractions (Braxton Hicks irregular contractions are ok). We discussed what I need to watch for in terms of pre-term labor and I feel a lot better!
It is nice to think that I have a nurse with my insurance company that I can call to ask questions and that she checks in on me every 3-4 weeks, then I have my nurse that comes to my home weekly to give me a shot (but then I get to hear the babies and have my blood pressure/pulse checked) and I have monthly appointments with my regular OB and my perinatologist (which are scheduled 2 weeks apart). I think the next closest thing would be me actuallly living with a OB and a nurse...which would mean that I would be in the hospital...a place that I have said countless times that I will avoid until at least July 1st! :) So....
Just thought I would update. I am finally feeling comfortable with this pregnancy. Of course, that will all change by tomorrow, but what can you do to fix the worry that comes along with being pregnant? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home