twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

20 weeks...

I don't know that 20 weeks is a huge milestone by any means, but I am officially 1/2 way through a 40 week pregnancy...not that I will have one of those (doctor won't allow it). I cannot believe it. I feel like we just found out yesterday that we were pregnant and we found out 14 weeks ago we were pregnant with twins. Really puts life into perspective when you see how quickly it all goes once kids are involved.
I *PROMISE* that I will post some new picture tonight...
Everything is going well. I had my 5th progesterone shot today and my nurse is amazing. I discussed my fear of the *one* Braxton Hicks contraction that I had over the weekend (I know, silly of me to worry, right). She completely reassured me that those are normal at this stage of my pregnancy, especially with twins, and especially since I am measuring 8 weeks ahead of a single pregnancy with the extra baby. It makes me curious to see how big I get with this pregnancy. I haven't really 'packed on the pounds' yet...only approximately 6 pounds up from my pre-prego weight, but I definitely have a belly...
I have had good and bad days...the bad days aren't horrible, but I definitely have growing pains and the discomfort that comes with it.
Hadley and Gretchen are getting really excited. It is so cute to see them talk to the babies through my belly button and give them hugs and kisses and fives and rocks. I don't know how excited they will be when the babies get here and cry (I keep telling them that these babies won't be quiet like their baby dolls), but we will deal with that hurdle when it presents itself.
I can feel Delaney and Addison moving around all of the time and it is amazing. I can feel them from the outside, but they still aren't packing the all knowing punches and kicks that come with later pregnancy. I am anxious to go to the doctor next week. In the meantime, we are going to figure out the nursery and try to finish up our basement (and when I say we, that means Adam will be doing most of the physical aspect of these tasks).
Hope this finds all of you well. Pictures posted later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Homegrown Tribe said...

20 weeks yeah!! I feel like this pregnancy is going to go on FOREVER... when we found out we were expecting it was great, normal, I was thinking ahead. But since we found out it is twins... my head can't stop going and it's only been a week. It feels like a month. I feel like i'm 5 months preggo already. I've gained 12 lbs. I am going to be HUGE. Oh my!

Okay... sorry to go on and on in your comments. I just wanted to say Yeah and I hope you continue feeling well and don't work too hard on that basement. :)

Brittany

March 5, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home