twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

19 weeks, 1 day

Unless I go past 38 weeks (which seems highly unlikely to me, especially considering my doctor probably wouldn't let that happen, from what she has said), I am half way through this pregnancy. It brings on a series of emotions. First, this has been a pregnancy filled with worry, so I am happy to carry out the rest of this pregnancy, but ready to transfer the worry into a different form (worry about the babies). But, the downside of that transfer is this...we are absolutely positive that this will be our last pregnancy. Of course, this leaves me eating up every second of being pregnant, feeling the babies move during the day and night, being ecstatic about gaining a pound here and there, not focusing on my waistline (well, I guess I do focus on it, but in good feelings).
I *know* that life will change when the babies arrive. I know that we will have long, sleep deprived weeks. But, I also know that Adam and I are ready for that sacrifice. We are so excited to see what Addison and Delaney are going to look like, how their personalities are going to form, how Hadley and Gretchen will be in their new role as big sisters, how we will be as parents of 4! And, we are looking forward to parenting a son. There will be a whole new set of firsts to experience and they will be so much richer since we will be able to watch these developments through Hadley and Gretchen's eyes.
So, as I cross off the days on my calendar and contemplate taking up meditation to calm my worrying mind, I feel at peace finally with this pregnancy, with the decisions that Adam and I have had to make regarding this pregnancy (shots, surgery) and with becoming a mom of 4 wonderfully amazing and individual children. We are blessed. We don't doubt it for one second of one day.
Now we move forward and start our list of what we need to do/buy/accomplish before the arrival of Delaney and Addison...and keep crossing off those days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Homegrown Tribe said...

Hi! I'm so glad you replied... 2 sets of twins... wow! We're really really excited... slightly nervous but I know God will be there the whole time. I just saw on your ultrasound St. Anns... there are probably a few hospitals with that name around the US. That's where I delivered 2 of my 4 boys and where I'll go this time. We're in ohio. Wouldn't that be a small world.

Talk to you soon

Brittany

February 29, 2008 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I am so happy for you and Adam. I can't wait to meet the two additions. Who would have ever thought you'd be a mother of 4?!?! Give Adam & the girls a big hug from me. And for yourself, and the two inside you get a big kiss!

PS - I bought my ticket for Memorial weekend. :)

March 1, 2008 at 5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been searching blogs for someone else with two sets of twins and I found you! We have identical twin girls (16 months) and I am pregnant with my second set (12 weeks 2 days) but these are completely separate (and both a friend of mine and me had dreams that it was b/g). Good luck with your pregnancy, it is nice to know there is other people in the same situation.

March 2, 2008 at 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home