twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day...


Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there! I celebrated my 4th Mother's Day this year and they really keep getting better. We missed naptime today, which makes for an interesting evening, but Hadley and Gretchen just make me smile, even when I feel like I swallowed a watermelon! Gretchen loves to sing and talk non-stop these days. Hadley is an old soul...very introspective. She takes everything in. I love it. I would have never thought that at almost 3, they would be as amazing as they are...and I think they are amazing!
This weekend was bittersweet. While I celebrated Mother's Day, my sister was celebrating her first day as a married woman. We missed the ceremony due to travel restrictions and I cannot truly write how I feel about that fact as of yet, but I know that my sister found her soul mate and married him yesterday and that is all that matters. Life is good.
Pregnancy is same old thing, different day. I am starting to realize that the end is nearing...I will be 30 weeks on Wednesday. Thus, I am getting very sentimental...spending a lot of time enjoying the alien movements going on in my body, trying not to get too frustrated with the fact that none of my clothes fit properly (and I refuse to spend money on more maternity clothes when I have 8 weeks to go...or less), and seriously not wishing any second of this pregnancy away. Ok, there are days that I am tired, that I want to unstrap this belly and sprawl out on the floor, belly down, and play with my kids, or take a nap, but I also am realizing that I will only live this experience right now, so I am taking in every last minute of it. No reason to be a complainer at this point, right? :) I am estimating that I am carrying around approximately 7 pounds of baby (next growth scan is on Friday), plus an extra of everything else...this twin thing isn't for the weak spirited, so I will remain strong.
Adam is doing well. I really don't know how he can see straight right now...he is wrapping up the end of his school year as a teacher and is also getting ready to wrap up his Masters degree. On top of that, he is still an amazing father and a great help around the house. It is tough now, but we never take the easy road...I guess that is why we keep getting blessed with 2 kids at one time...God only gives you what you can handle, right?
So, on this Mother's Day, or the 11th day of May, life is good for us. We are blessed. We will accept this, no matter the bills, no matter the laundry piles, no matter that the carpet hasn't been vacuumed in ages...we have each other, and our family, and that makes life good. Really good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Homegrown Tribe said...

I LOVE that picture! Too cute! Sorry you missed your sisters wedding. :(

Brittany

May 13, 2008 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

You guys are too cute! I miss you much! Happy Mother's Day.

Love,
Me.

May 14, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home