twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good news...

So, I just successfully tandem nursed the twins for the first time today. I had tried it out a few times before, but this was the first successful feeding (no back-up needed). What a relief. And, let me tell you...it is going to be a time saver!!! So, Addison and Delaney are 2 and 1/2 weeks old...pretty good! :) I was even able to remove my hand from the back of their heads so that I could scratch my nose (you always get an itch when your hands are tied up, don't you?) and help reposition them, but for the most part, if they broke their latch, they were able to get right back on! Addison has become a great nurser in the past couple of days and I think they are bringing in enough milk to satisfy them. If not, I am sure my supply will increase drastically now! :) And, let me tell you, tandem feeding is the only way I think a mother of twins can successfully nurse. Granted, I love the alone time with them, nursing them individually, but with two other kids, I really need to feed them in the least amount of time possible...
Tomorrow marks my 40 week due date (wow, that came quickly). I cannot believe it!!! We still don't have a great family picture of the 6 of us (just the one of us leaving the hospital), so perhaps we will convince a family member to come over and take a photo tomorrow of all of us. At the very least, I will post pictures of the babies and I...if I get around to it! :)
Adam and the girls have a cold. We have no idea where it came from, but we are guessing that one of our visitors brought it to us. No bueno, people. If you are sick or feeling off, please stay away from babies! :) Luckily, I am nursing, so that should keep the babies safe, but it still is not fun to have 2 sick toddlers and a sick husband...
That is all for now. The whole family is sleeping, the last load of dirty laundry is in the dryer and I am going to go take a really long, much needed shower! Have a great day, everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Homegrown Tribe said...

Oh what a bummer about the girls and hubby being sick. My in-laws brought the flu to us when Ozzie was first born... he even got sick. It was horrible. People just don't think sometimes. Praying they feel better soon and you and those babes don't catch it.

CAN'T wait to see pictures. :)

brittany

July 22, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home