twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Friday, May 16, 2008

30 week update...

I am barely awake as I am typing this, but I wanted to post tonight because I don't know what the rest of the weekend will bring (Adam is finally inspired to get this Masters degree over with...I think the procrastination train has left the station...or I can only hope). I have attached a 3D picture of Addison (he was blocking his sister, so we didn't get a 3D picture of Delaney...nor have we up to this point).
This is a profile shot, and let me tell you, they are really crammed in there at this point. He was hugging his head with his arm, so y ou can see his arm going underneath his top lip and then it angles up infront of his nose. The rest is pretty clear...a chubby cheek, an eye...
Anyways, for the details. Both are head down. Phew! Just stay that way, please! Delaney was weighing in at 3pounds, 6ounces and Addison was weighing in at 3pounds, 9ounces. They are right on track with where they should be! That was so great to hear!
I, of course, have been worried sick about preterm labor and delivery, and I think the next 4 weeks will prove to be challenging for me, but it seems that my medical team (my nurse that comes to the house weekly, my OB and my peri) all believe that I should carry these babies past my first goal of 36 weeks...but they also agree that the breaking of water is something that is unpredictable...so, who knows! My cervix has shortened at this point, but I have been reassured over and over again that this is normal at this stage and it is more about funneling, etc. that I should be concerned. There was no sign, so it seems that we are in the clear. I am still packing my bag this weekend and finishing up some last minute preparation, and am still going to hope and pray that Adam gets done with his Masters sooner rather than later, and you will not see me running or doing jumping jacks anytime soon...but we are on a good path right now, so that is good!
I have one more appointment scheduled with my peri at 33 weeks, but he didn't feel that I needed that appointment if my OB felt comfortable doing growth scans of the babies...so I will definitely discuss this with her at my next appointment...but it would be nice to go to his office one last time (look at me, getting sentimental).
Ok, off to curl up on the couch and relax. I am sure I will post more later as the thoughts start seeping in, but right now, I haven't had time to process completely the wonderful day that I had and the joy I found seeing my two babies growing bigger and bigger.
As far as Hadley and Gretchen, the balls full of energy tonkered out after an evening at the park and barely made it through bath time...now, if they would just sleep in tomorrow morning! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home