twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Continuation of Manic Monday...

When it rains, it pours, right?
My tooth started hurting last night (well, one of my teeth, not my one tooth). I was sure I was getting a cavity. I had even mentioned it to Adam and my dad before dinner. Decided to call the dentist first thing in the morning and see when they could get me in.
Sat down at dinner and was enjoying my meal when I felt a pop in the back of my mouth and realized that my tooth had broken. Seriously? The last thing I want to deal with when I am pregnant is a broken tooth. But, it happened. The upside, it felt so much better. The downside, I had to go in today and get it fixed.
I *hate hate hate* the dentist. Not the actual person, but the joy of sitting in the chair and having people put all sorts of instruments into my mouth to make it 100%. I am sure a lot of this goes back to my youth...I have soft teeth (from what I have been told) and spent many afternoons of my youth in a dentist chair. That coupled with almost 3 years of braces and I truly feel sorry for all of our children (Adam hasn't had the easiest time with his teeth either).
But, I survived the dentist today. Luckily, the dentist I saw was wonderful and really understood my fears. He had to grind away my tooth and clean it up before he could rebuild a tooth for me. I was numb, so it wasn't bad, but the noise that the drill makes...someone needs to invent a quiet dental drill. Think about all the technology we have in this current day...and we cannot find a way to make that drill not sound like you are getting a lobotomy!!! Unfortunately, one of the side effects of pregnancy is increased blood flow...which means sensitive, swollen gums. My tooth doesn't hurt at this point (yes, the numbing has worn off), but my gums are really hurting now!
I am, however, very excited that Adam and I are going to look at a larger family vehicle this evening. Perhaps we will be able to cross Van Quest 2008 off of our to-do-list very soon!
I will update more later in the week, but wanted to let you know that Monday was manic throughout the evening hours...I sure hope everyone else had a better Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home