twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Manic Monday...

Do you remember the song, "Manic Monday" by the Bangles? What a great song that capsulates the 80's...and the theme song of our household this morning...

Woke up a bit after 7am, poured my coffee and curled up on the couch with my 2 favorite girls in the whole world. Started thinking about what I wanted to accomplish today (still haven't packed my bags for the hospital, need to finish up a couple of thank you notes for teachers Adam works with, wanted to find the counters in my kitchen, and definitely wanted to figure out Van Search 2008). I am starting to get antsy to get some of the bigger stuff done before the babies arrive...we are getting into crunch time at this point. Had gone downstairs first thing in the morning to send Adam and 'have a good day' email...typical of my daily routine. Was back upstairs and the phone rang. Adam on the other line. Never calls this early. Is really hesitant to tell me something, so I know that something happened. I start thinking he got into another car accident...obviously a big fear of mine, and even more so at this point because 1)babies and an injured husband aren't good and 2)we are using his car as a trade-in for our van (obviously, much much much less important than #1).
He finally spits it out that he forgot to lock his car yesterday, which doesn't surprise me. He has never been good at locking vehicles. I know this. He then goes on to say that someone had helped themselves into his car (duh, an unlocked car is very inviting). Turns out, they were just in a crunch for about a dollar worth of pennies...they popped his coin holder off the dash and dumped out the pennies...only pennies...because he uses the rest of it for the drink machine at work...and he knows there were no silver coins in the coin holder. Mind you, there were CD's on the passenger seat (untouched) and a garage door opener (hello, free entry--untouched). Needless to say, Adam will be cleaning up our garage tonight from the projects that have taken over our indoor parking and our vehicles will be moved inside before bedtime tonight. I am not fearful...this can happen in any neighborhood, especially if the vehicle is unlocked. So, crisis averted there (I hope whoever took the money puts it to good use...we are kind people).
The girls and I eat some breakfast, do some morning coloring (I think Hadley got more on her pj's than on her paper, but we only buy washable). The girls are playing well together, building a castle with their blocks and I decide to clean up some, run the dishwasher, get a load of laundry started. About an hour later, I head downstairs to switch over the laundry. I hear water running but the dishwasher was done, the washing machine should have been done and I hadn't recently flushed the toilet...uh oh. Open the laundry room door...water is spraying out of the cold water hose that attaches to the washing machine. Of course, the knob connected to the cold water hose would not budge...and I am using all of the force I have to get it to budge.
Oh, Monday, Monday, Monday. It would have been dandy if the washing machine was broken because I really want a large capacity, energy star, high efficiency washing machine, but am holding out for these 25 year old ones to break (things really were made better all those years ago). I frantically call Adam's work, get connected to his room, voicemail. NO! Call the in-laws. No answer. Call sister-in-law asking if mother-in-law is there, then stated that I don't know what my MIL could do for me...but to my luck, my father in law was there too! Wow! Lucky! He heads over to turn off the water...so I call Adam back. At this point, I am wet and crying. Get the same office assistant. She asks if it is urgent...I tell her it is, that it is his wife and nothing is wrong with the babies, but our laundry room is currently flooding with water and I cannot get it to turn off. She sends someone to hunt him down that neglects to tell him about the laundry room...just urgent that he call his wife at home.
Augh...he calls, panicking, thinking that the babies are coming or here...I am sure. Explain to him what is going on...he flies out of work like a bat out of you know where. I get off of the phone, stop panicking a bit and go in the storage underneath our stairs to turn off the main water valve. Augh. Let me tell you...the storage area should not be frequented by any humans let alone an 8 month pregnant woman that is terrified of spiders...dead or alive. And I was crawling back there without shoes on...and I still don't know how I fit. Of course, I couldn't get that to budge too!
Adam gets here just as father in law gets the water turned off in the laundry room. I know that he really did drive too fast on the way here...it took him half the time to get here. In the meantime, I had figured out that if I kinked the hose and taped it off, no more water would spray all over the laundry room. We had a good laugh about it. Of course, Al (FIL) struggled for a split second to turn off the water, but then got it to budge and shut off. Adam sopped up all of the water with every towel we have (luckily, most of them were dirty, so I don't have more laundry) and headed back to work. So, it seems tonight will be spent in one of two places...the laundry room, doing laundry, or the garage, getting it cleaned and organized so we can park inside.
So, this just reminded me of that great Bangles song "Manic Monday." And, let me tell you...I wish it was Sunday, because that is my fun day! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home