twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

32 weeks...


32 weeks today! YAY! Another week down. It is amazing to me that we have known we are pregnant with twins for 26 weeks now. It still seems like yesterday when we found out...and while it seems that some weeks would never pass on to the next week, for the most part, this pregnancy has gone quickly. I had my 17th progesterone shot today...3 more to go!!! We opened up our last packet today (they come in shipments of 4) and both my nurse and I were ecstatic.
I promised myself that I wouldn't complain about being pregnant...I take it as a blessing that I can get pregnant while I see so many friends and friends of friends struggle with that step...and I don't ever want to wish away a moment of this pregnancy for two reasons: this is it for us and I still feel the girls came too early and want to experience a lengthier pregnancy. That being said, the past week has been rough on the sleep...but, I guess it is just preparing me for the inevitable...sleepless nights, many sleepless nights. Not complaining...but just feeling a bit rough around the edges these days. But, it is all part of measuring term, right? I have the 9 month aches and pains because I have been measuring that way for a few weeks now! :) If you want evidence, please reference my newest pictures, taken last night.
One of Adam's coworkers just had a baby at 33 weeks. The baby and mom are doing well, but it really put things into perspective for him...that these babies could come at any point, and so now he has a fire under his you know what to finish up his Masters. I hope that fire stays put until he feels caught up! :) Logistically, he should be done with everything in 4 weeks, so if Delaney and Addison would give us that much time, it would be nice! The upside is he only has until June 9th with work, then he gets the summer off, so he should be able to get caught up quickly after that point as well!
The girls are doing well. Gretchen has been very ornery the last two days, but has been a big helper (she helps me with the laundry and the cleaning while Hadley hides in the corner). I told Adam that I am hoping this means that she is turning over a new leaf and leaving the Terrible Twos behind her...please!!! Hadley has named every baby doll she has Delaney or Addison and doesn't care about gender/name assignment. It is pretty cute!!! She already has a great mothering instinct!
Off to curl up on the couch and rest. I might even let my eyes close today...ah, enjoy the naptime now, right? :)
Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend...we have some funny pictures of the girls from this past weekend that I will try to post later today...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I just accidently found your site when i was checking the net for the Pitt-jolie kids. What a blessing to get 2x2 kids, but also what a lot of work!
I hope everything goes well and wish you and your family all the best.
Regards, Rutger, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

May 30, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home