twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday...

Hadley and Gretchen! Ok, really it isn't their birthday, but we did have their birthday party today...really, we had to have it early. I just didn't want to host a party 37+ weeks pregnant or as a mom of new twins...so we bumped it up a month. Do they understand? No. Will they care when they figure it out? No. This is the way I look at it...we gave them presents today and then they will get presents on their actual birthday...to a couple of 3 year olds, that sounds like heaven (plus, cake twice, which is a real treat).
You would think having a party in early June would mean that the kids (family only, so don't get upset if you weren't invited) could run around outside and play while the adults sat on the deck or in the shade of a tree in the back yard and drank lemonade and socialized. Nope. It was ridiculously hot today, even to a non-pregnant woman...the humidity is horrible...and there has to be something in the air because my allergies have been bothering me. Our poor air conditioner is fighting to cool our house and Adam and I are huddled in the basement at this point, waiting for the chills to form on our skin. Don't think it will happen tonight. And, tomorrow...more of the same weather. Fun. I have already decided that I am not going to open the blinds tomorrow...I am going to keep them closed so the sun cannot creep in and turn our house into a small furnace. And, the girls and I will be having craft time galore in the basement. Perhaps I will dig out some old cd's and we can enjoy something different.
I will definitely post Princess birthday party pictures tomorrow. I did not pick the theme, for those of you that know me, but what can you do when your children are fixated? :) And, they are so cute about everything, so I just go with it! It isn't like they are choosing a path of drugs and morally challenging professions, right? :)
I have my weekly appointment tomorrow at my OB. I am hoping to find out that things are the same, but definitely ready for any curve that this pregnancy will throw me. I have no clothes that are comfortable at this point (I am sure the 90 degree weather doesn't help). Oh well! Like a good friend just said to me on the phone, this is it for me...I know when I can fit into 'normal' clothes and chase after my kids that as long as I take care of myself, I will never feel like this again. So, I can get through, knowing that 38 weeks is the limit for me...so a little over 4 weeks tops...I can do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home