twobytwo

The crazy blog of a mom of toddler twins and pregnant with a second set of twins. I write it as it is in my life...as I see it or interpret it.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yesterday's Appointment

All in all, it was a great appointment!! My OB was thrilled with how big the babies were measuring, in fact, she came into the room and said, "You are growing some big babies in there." I guess that would be why I look like I have officially swallowed a watermelon.
Blood pressure was still good...no weight gain (and not from a lack of eating, trust me). I am still 1 centimeter dilated, and am now 70% effaced. Who really knows what that means? :) The babies are still both head down and we are guessing they will stay that way...there just is not a lot of moving room in there at this point. And, I figured out why I have the pregnancy waddle...Delaney is sitting there, ready to come meet us (but she needs to hold out for a few more weeks). But who knows...pregnancies are so unpredictable. With the girls, I wasn't effaced or dilated and my water broke. I laughed that I will be carrying these babies around in July and be absolutely miserable...it would be great to have a few more weeks, so everyone send positive vibes for that to happen! While physically, my body is at the end of it's rope, mentally, I am not ready to welcome these babies into the world and deal with the NICU situation again.
I still need to post pictures from the princess party...I promise, at some point today, I will do that. I will probably also post my 34 week picture (we have been cheating and taking them one day early)...so be ready for that.
Adam is done with teaching for the summer (can we say thank goodness). He is in a technology workshop for the rest of this week, but only during school hours. He is diligently working on finishing up his Masters...really, I cannot wait to update everyone that he is done with it for many different reasons, but mainly because he can relax and we can have more family time again! He did finish his online course on Sunday morning (he worked through 8 chapters in 10 days...wow!!!) and has already checked his grade...a perfect score. So smart!!! And, another course under his belt! :)
That is about it for now. Today is my sister's birthday. I hope she has a great day and really feel that this year is going to be phenomenal for her...so here is to another year, Jen! :) Love you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Homegrown Tribe said...

Yeah for big babies and head down! I hope I'm that lucky. :) 37 weeks sounds good... only 3 weeks away.

brittany

June 10, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home